is a word used to describe a set of symptoms that often includes:
- difficulties in thinking
- memory loss
- language and communication issues
- problem-solving impairments
Dementia happens after the brain has been damaged by a disease, such as Alzheimer's or a series of strokes.
is a specially adapted home, caring for people who live with dementia.
Dementia can require a considerable amount of care and attention. Our home provides this in the following ways:
- A secure and homely environment
- Safety at all times
- Respect and dignity when providing personal care
- Person-centred diverse activity programmes
- Communal areas promoting social interaction
- Reminiscence therapy, encouraging positive reflection and nostalgia
- A garden to enjoy the flowers and local wildlife